Thursday, July 9, 2015

Thursday July 9

Lovely day.....uh.....nope

I think I have to re-evaluate this whole osteomy thing. I need a new outlook on it or something.   My lovely day started bc Dana picked me up to take me to my osteomy nurse appointment.  We took my car to be safe bc she has been having issues with her new car.  

We went to my appointment.   Were there for about an hour and a half.  I had a nice surprise.   My nurse ended up being one of my favorite nurses from LGH on the 8th floor - Michael.   He was always awesome.   He lived to joke and motivate me.   He's a great nurse so I was happy to see him.   It was a nice surprise.  He 
Left the hospital and is now working full time at the wound center where the osteomy nurses are.  While I was there they changed the type of bag I'm using and gave me some pointers on how to help it last longer, etc.  We left the appointment.  Went out to the car, got in and it wouldn't start.  Tried a couple of times and it just wouldn't turn over.  I called Colin to come and get us.  When he got there he tried to start it without any luck.   As we are trying to start it again, the seal on my bag broke.   We were going back and forth on what to do.  Since I was still in the parking lot I decided to go back inside and see if they would help me.  Colin took Dana back to the house to get her car to go back to work.

The osteomy nurse was sweet and she sat with me for another hour trying to figure out what she should do.  She gave me a pair of scrubs to wear since it leaked through my osteomy belt, both shirts I had on and my pants and underwear.  She adjusted some things.  Colin came back to get me with a change of clothes and we went to Sean's shop to give him the keys so he can tow my car.   Such a mess.  By the time we got home it was Colin's bedtime.  He went up to bed.   Within about an hour, my bag started leaking AGAIN!  I cleaned myself up and put in a new bag the best I could.  Amber came over with the twins so I would help her with her hair.   We were doing her hair and the boys were watching a movie when my bag broke AGAIN!!  Talk about frustrating!  I cleaned myself up again with Amber's help and put on another bag.  Amber left.  I called the osteomy place and left a message for them letting them know what happened.  

I'm now in bed.  Hoping and praying this stupid thing lets me sleep through the night.   I guess we shall see.   Goodnight!  Sweet Dreams!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment