Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Wednesday July 8

I'm getting a new nurse today!!!!!!!!   So exciting!!!!  Hopefully this one will be much better than my last one.   Ugh!

More exciting news - my liver functions are doing better.   They got the biopsy results back and the transplant doctors are going to meet tomorrow and review my case again for the official listing.   Good news is that as long as I stay where I'm at health wise I shouldn't need a liver transplant as well.   We can probably get away with only the small bowel.   What does that mean?  It means that I may not have to wait as long for a match.   The list for small bowel transplants is fairly small compared to the list for a heart, kidney, liver, etc.

And EVEN MORE exciting news!!!!   My friend Herb McNally who I met over ten years ago at Clipper Magazine has been helping Colin with the Golf Scramble in August.   He is at the U.S. Women's Open today in Lancaster.  He has been telling everyone my story!   He was able to get a flag signed by Michelle Wie, Morgan Pressler, Suzann Petersen, Anna Nordqvist, Britney Lincicomb, Yani Tseng, Lydia Ko, Natalie Gulbis and Inbee Park.  They are auctioning off the signed flag online.   He has been so unbelievably selfless and a blessing when it comes to the golf outing and I can't thank him enough!  He just called a few minutes ago to let me know that he has a radio interview in a few minutes with a golf radio station out of Chicago.   He's going to share my story!!!

You know.....originally I wanted to keep this all to myself and didn't really want things getting out there but I'm glad that I've gone public.   The support of my husband, family and friends has been astronomical but the outpouring of support from complete strangers has been overwhelming!    Thank you to everyone for your love, support and prayers.  You are all amazing people and I don't know what I would do without you!   I hope that one day my story will help someone else who is going through this hell.  

So, today has been a good day so far.  I have Amber coming over after work to help me organize clothes and take some over to Cyndee's.  The move had been put on hold because of my latest surgery/hospitalization.  Then later this evening Greg and Kelsey are coming to visit.   Today has been one of the best days I've had in a while!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment