Monday, July 13, 2015

Monday July 14

So this morning was a bad morning.   I woke up with a fever of 102.2.  The docs came in and informed me that I have a life-threatening blood infection.  I was extremely ill all day.  I was also scared and stressed beyond belief.   

I was moved from a shared room into a private room.  The infectious disease doctors met with me in the early afternoon.  I have an infection called Klebsiella septicemia.  The infection could be from my medi-port, my pick line or from surgery.   They are doing more tests tonight to try and find the source of the bacteria so that they can choose the correct antibiotic to kill the bacteria.   I may have to have my medi-port removed.   We are waiting to hear back from the docs in Pittsburgh before any drastic measures are taken.  

Please keep me in your prayers tonight.   I need the strength to get through this.   Until tomorrow...goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. Love you!! (((Hugs))) for you my beautiful friend 💜

    ReplyDelete