Monday, July 20, 2015

Monday July 20

When I was in admitting yesterday I was shivering to no end.   The nice woman at the registration desk gave me a hand made quilt and told me to keep it.  I feel awful taking it because I feel like there are so many other people in the hospital that could use this quilt to cheer them up.  Not sure why they gave it to me.   Colin's response in the matter was "I think you've been here enough, you deserve it"


Isn't it beautiful!!

Had a rough night last night with the nausea and vomiting.  My stomach hurts worse than you can imagine.   They are keeping me comfortable with the nausea and pain medicine but I still feel like I've been hit by a truck. 

The worst part of my day so far....my PICK line is leaking fluid.  It's causing the dressings to be saturated and could potentially cause another infection.   Of course no one seems to know how to handle it.   Ugh! 
More to come on that matter....

The chaplain came in to give me communion this afternoon.   We started praying and the nurse's aide knocked quickly and barged right into the room saying she needs my vitals.  I looked over and snapped at her asking her if she could please come back.   She said she needed to get them before shift change and I told her I was in the middle of communion could she come back.   She finally got the picture.   Communion only lasted a few minutes so I pages her to come back.  I felt bad for snapping and apologized to her.  At the same time I thought it was extremely rude of her.  

For now I'm just hanging out in my room.   Colin was here most of the afternoon and Jeremy came in to visit as well.   They are finalizing everything for the gala that's this weekend.   It's going to be amazing!!   I'm super excited and really hope to be well enough to make it.  There are so many interesting and gracious donations for auction.   There's also going to be a raffle.  I can't wait!

Wish me luck for the pick line to cooperate and no more infections.   I will touch base again tomorrow.  Until then....

1 comment:

  1. Hi Heather, just want you to know that we are thinking of you here at Eurofins. Amber usually keeps us updated, but with her out this week, we are checking your blog. We keep you in our thoughts daily! That is a beautiful quilt--what a nice gift.

    ReplyDelete