Thursday, July 23, 2015

Thursday July 23

Still in the hospital.  

I was awakened this morning by one of my favorite nurses on third shift.  She works on the 3rd floor.  Her name is Katy.  She stays in touch with me on a regular basis.  She popped in to say hi, see how I was doing and to pray with me.  Katy is someone you meet and instantly love.   She has so much compassion and love for others.  Katy is an amazing person.  I was happy she stopped in.

The iv nurse manager came into my room this morning to evaluate the leaking in my pick line.  It was determined that the line (the one they just put in on Thursday) needed to come out.  There was too much fluid seeping out of the area and they were worried it would cause an infection.  They came back and put a new one in my right arm.   They sent me down to X-ray to make sure it is in the correct position.  I came back to my room and was told everything looks good so the iv team came back and pulled the pick line out of my left arm.  


I chilled out this afternoon.  Jeremy came in to visit again today.  He had some more prizes for the silent auction to pick up that my Dad had acquired.  Dad was working really hard trying to help gather up items for the auction/raffle.   I can't wait for Saturday!   The generosity of people is astounding!  Jeremy left and went home to have their last minute planning meetings for the event Saturday.

Mom and Dad came in to visit this evening.  They brought me crackers and pretzels (the only thing I'm currently allowed to eat).  We hung out and watched tv.  Went for a walk and now I'm chilling out.  I hope to break free tomorrow.  Wish me luck!  Have a good night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment