Friday, October 2, 2015

Friday October 2

It's official.   We are on the road to Pittsburgh.   The journey has just started.   We had a lot of hiccups this morning.   From my bag breaking all over the carpeting in the middle of the night to the vomiting fits this morning.   I went to the infusion center and was given fluids/nausea meds.   While I was there my bag broke.   Surprise surprise.  

Dad was with me and helped me clean everything up.  We went back to the house and finished loading the car.  One of the hardest things I've ever had to do is say goodbye to my dad and brother.  I know I'm going to see them soon but it's still really hard to leave.  I am still an emotional wreck.   It's really hard knowing we are going to be so far away from everyone.   It's not exactly the life we chose but it's the hand we have been dealt and are learning to deal with on a daily basis.

Colin said something to me today that really sheds light on the situation.   We can't keep living like we were living.   It's not fair to him, to my family, friends etc.   we need this move so that we can have the transplant and take control of our lives again.  It is something that I'm going to put all of my faith and heart into so I can be a better person for everyone in my life.  

I will post later.   For now I'm going to enjoy the journey and spend some time with my hubby.  Wish us safe travels.   XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment