Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Tuesday October 13

We got up bright and early this morning to my now weekly appointment at clinic.   We had to be here at 7 this morning.  They are very happy with my progress so far.   I can't believe that I have been able to maintain myself and my output and have been home for a full 7 days hospital free!!!   It's exciting news!

I have thrush due to the steroids so they are going to put me on medicine to help with that.   They are adding a couple of other medications to my regimen that should help keep me "healthy".  They are also adding additional fluids to my daily routine in case I need them.  

I'm not allowed to take anything in by mouth.   They want me to do sips only and no solid foods at all.  I have been feeling so well that I am actually craving foods.   I have to be good and not let the cravings get the best of me.  It will keep me on the upswing so I'll be healthy enough for the transplant.   Overall it's a pretty good day so far.  I'm extremely happy with the outcome of my appointment.   

We check back in with them next Tuesday and see what progress has been made and they will decide the next step from there.   Overall today is a good day!!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you had a good report from the clinic and have had 7 days at home!! Yay! We love the strip district, too. Did you go to fish market....amazing. have a good evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 7 days hospital free is awesome news! Thinking of you & Colin!! Enjoy exploring Pitt! Xo

    ReplyDelete