Thursday, October 22, 2015

Wednesday October 20

Sorry for the lack of posts recently.  I've really been slacking.  

Tuesday we were in the clinic all day.  I have a standing appointment on Tuesdays at 7:00.   They take my blood work and monitor me.   If I need fluids, meds, etc they give them to me while I'm there.  It's a pretty efficient system they have.  This week I was extra dry so they gave me additional fluids on top of what I usually take.   They also had a hard time getting blood from my PICC line.  They had to put a special medicine in my line and let it sit for a couple of hours to loosen things up.  Luckily it worked and they were able to do all the testing they needed.   After we got home from the clinic we went for a bike ride.   It was a little chilly but a nice evening.   We also found out that there is a bike garage in the complex so we don't have to keep our bikes in the apartment.  There's a secure key pad and its shares with about 10 other tenants.  

I went the whole bike ride without falling off my bike!!  I have been wearing my helmet too.   The last thing I need is to hurt myself.  I'm enjoying the exercise and so is Colin.   It's nice because it gives us something to do.  

Yesterday (Wednesday) was an ok day.  I wasn't feeling very well.  I was really tired and feeling like I needed extra fluids.   I put on two bags and felt a little better.  I just couldn't catch up on how dry I was feeling.  In the afternoon we decided to go for a drive. We found this beautiful lookout over the city called Mount Washington.   It was gorgeous!   You could see the whole city and all the stadiums.  



Isn't it beautiful!!   

We stopped and grabbed lunch on the way back to the house.  Colin got home and napped.  I put on my medicine and did some laundry.   We had a pretty uneventful evening.   Just watched tv and chilled out.  I needed the rest.  

Today we are waiting to hear if we are allowed to go home for a visit.  I'm nervous they are going to tell us we can't go.  I have a dentist appointment in the morning because I lost a filling in my tooth.  Colin really wants to bring the bikes home with us so he can ride and take the dogs along.  We are trying to figure out what the best way of accomplishing the task of transporting them and the best way to do it.  Should be interesting!   I'll post more later.  Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment