Sunday, October 18, 2015

Saturday October 17

Saturday was a really nice day.   Amber and Bobby came with the twins on Friday evening after work.  Colin woke up bright and early Saturday and made breakfast for everyone.   He made French toast, fresh fruit, bacon and sausage.   Everyone filled up on breakfast and then we decided to go to the Pittsburgh Zoo.  Colin wasn't into the zoo scene so he stayed behind and cleaned up the house, etc.

When we arrived at the zoo, we were pleasantly surprised that it was Trick-Or-Treat.  They gave the boys a bag for candy and we were off.  (unfortunately we were some of the only people not dressed up because we didn't know, but people didn't seem to mind too much).  The Pittsburgh Zoo is really nice. There's a lot to see and a lot of walking but I managed ok.  Throughout the zoo they had motorized scooter/wheelchair rentals.   There was some temptations at points, but I stuck it out and just rested when necessary. 

There were a couple places in the zoo where you could interact with the animals which was different.  At one point, we had two doe walking up to us and we were able to pet them.  One of them decided to try eating my coat.  The boys thought it was hilarious.  There was another part where the kangaroos were loose and  you were walking through, none of them came up to us but it was really neat to be in the same pen and watch them interact with each other.  They were adorable. 

There was a part where you could ride on the elephant, we decided against that.  The boys loved the rhino but she was really hard to see and kept hiding.  They also enjoyed the sea otters.  There were two otters who were playing in the water.  We could have watched them all day.  It was like they were wrestling. 

After the zoo and collecting candy we headed back home so I could put my fluids on and chill out for a little before the evening.  We stopped and grabbed fast food for lunch and went home.  We rented a redbox movie and Amber, Carter, Caden and I chilled out and watched the movie while Colin and Bobby went to visit some breweries throughout the area.  After my fluids were done and the movie was over Amber wanted to do a little shopping to see about getting some stuff for their new house.  We went over to the Macy's and stopped at Target, TJ Maxx, Marshalls and Bed Bath and Beyond.  She purchased elephants knick knacks to put on her shelf when you walk into the living room.  There is meaning of wisdom behind the elephants and a whole story behind them.  They boys picked them out and named them.  Melly is the female and Telly (I think) was the male.  They like to name things like that.  She was super excited about her find.

After shopping, we met up with Colin and Bobby at Dave and Buster's.  The boys had an absolute blast.  They ate dinner and played games for hours.  They kept thanking us and telling us that it was the best restaurant ever and they want to come back every Saturday.  I don't think that's going to happen but I'm glad that they got to experience it.  We had a lot of fun.  We got home around 9:30 last night and went straight to bed. 

This morning Colin woke up early again and made breakfast.  This time he made pancakes and bacon.  He also made homemade whipped cream which was delicious!  He put it on the blackberries and strawberries.  Breakfast once again looked amazing.  After breakfast we went for a quick walk and then they packed up and left.  It was nice having them here and I'm going to miss them.  Hopefully we will see them next week if I can get permission to be allowed to travel back home for the weekend.  I need to pack more clothes and have a list of some things that we don't have here but we need.  I also didn't really get to say proper goodbyes to anyone, so I'd like to catch up with a couple of people.  If they list me this week, we aren't going to be allowed to make the trip. 

I miss my puppies so I'm planning on spending a lot of time with them.  On another note.....I hung my new piece of artwork I scored at Big Lots for $12 on the wall in the apartment above the futon.  We moved the sign Dad made so that it hangs down as soon as you walk in the living room.   Amber and I were going back and forth on where to put it and we think it looks best there.   You can see it as soon as you walk through the hallway and it will be a constant reminder that I have the strength to do this.  The apartment is definitely coming together.  It's really starting to feel like home. 

Well....I'm getting a little tired so I'm going to go and take a nap (possibly).  I will update later today.  I'm not anticipating an eventful day.  

Have a good afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment