Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Monday October 19

Sunday afternoon was pretty uneventful.  It was a lazy day of laying around and recuperating from company even though I miss them already.  Not too much to report for Sunday.

Monday was a good day.   We woke up early and decided to go look for bicycles.  There is so much to do on a bike around here and it would be nice to have them to get around without driving a car everywhere.  We stopped in to a couple of shops and priced around.  Eventually we found a bike shop having awesome deals and decided to make a purchase.  We went for a bike ride when we got home.  I think it will be good exercise for me and for Colin as well.  I just wish the weather was a little warmer.  It was pretty chilly riding yesterday.  I haven't ridden a bike in a while so it was touch and go for a little bit, but I only fell off twice and I was able to avoid hitting anyone.  The most damage I did was to a bush that I somehow fell into.  I think the biking is going to be a good outlet for us.  I'm excited to ride again today.

My surprise for the day....there was a note in our mailbox that I had a package in the office.  I went and picked it up and it was a huge box.  I took it upstairs and opened it.  It was a care package full of goodies!   It really made my day.  There were candles, nightlights, nail polishes, lip gloss, fuzzy socks, comfy pajama bottoms, a book on how to make your own wreaths, an anchor notebook to keep me grounded, a box to write my daily prayers in, magazines, word search puzzles, 2 Dudes Painting sweatshirts (so excited about wearing this because it's freezing here!), lotions and so much more.  Three beautiful young ladies sent the package - Brynn, Lisa and Sam.  I can't thank them enough.  Things like that make it a little easier to get through the days and keep me from being homesick. 

I have been overwhelmed by the support of everyone around me.  All my friends and family have really gone above and beyond to make sure that I am as comfortable and happy as possible.  I have no words to express my gratitude.

It's now Tuesday morning, I missed my entry yesterday with all the excitement.  I'm sitting in clinic waiting to get a chest x-ray because my PICC line isn't giving blood return.  They are going to make sure it's still in the right place and hasn't slipped at all.   As long as it's in the right place they can put a medicine in it to help open up the vein and hopefully it will start working properly again. 

I will try to update later today.  Have a good day!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment