Friday, August 21, 2015

Friday August 21

The doctor came in this morning to talk to me.  They are going to do what they can to keep me comfortable but they are running out of options.  They are waiting to hear back from Pittsburgh on what the next step is.  I know of a couple hurdles to get over - Pittsburgh wants me to see a psychologist who specializes in medical catastrophes in order to prepare myself for the surgery.  The thing is...I'm not out of the hospital enough to make an appointment.  I've had two already that had to be cancelled.  They want to make sure my head is clear going in to such a major surgery. I feel like I'm ready and mentally prepared but I have to follow their protocol in order to be listed.  

On another note.....I've seen this helicopter four times since yesterday.  It's sad because you know the person on it is seriously injured or sick.  It makes me sad to see but it also puts my life into perspective.



I hope that I don't see any more of them.  On another note.  Colin came in and we took a walk outside.  The cupcake truck was out front so we bought some cupcakes to bring in for the nurses.  It was a nice surprise and they really appreciated it.  

Colin left to get a haircut and run some errands.  I'm currently sitting in the hospital watching more episodes of One Tree Hill.  This will be my fun for the evening!  Have a good night!  

No comments:

Post a Comment