Saturday, August 1, 2015

Saturday August 1

After waiting 2 1/2 hours in the waiting room last night I was finally seen in the ER.   By the time they took me back I was shaking uncontrollably, having a hard time breathing and vomiting non-stop.  The doctor in the ER asked if I was feeling anxious.  I told him I felt extremely restless like I couldn't sit still.  He thought maybe it was a reaction to the phenergan.  

After the nurses checked my PICC line to make sure the iv was good, they gave me a dose of zofran, a dose of Benadryl and a dose of dilaudid.  I started to feel better almost immediately.  The doctor said that it almost proves that the symptoms I was having is because of the medication.  He said they should keep me overnight to monitor me so I was admitted.

I saw Dr. Harborson today and he agreed that he thought it was the phenergan.  I've been taking it a lot so it could have been an underlying cause of my symptoms for a while now.  It's crazy to me that they give you a medicine for something and that med creates a whole new set of symptoms.   

For now they are putting phenergan on my allergy list so that no one else gives it to me.  I am currently just laying in my hospital bed and watching Bravo.  Trash tv is the best when you feel like this.  I'm being kept overnight tonight as well because I'm still not feeling the best.  Hopefully we are on to something with the phenergan and I don't have those symptoms anymore.  It was pretty scary.

Praying that I will be well enough to go home tomorrow.   I will touch base a little later.   Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment