Sunday, August 23, 2015

Sunday August 23

I had a rough night last night.  The pain was unbearable.  That pain continued throughout the day today.  Colin came to the hospital around 11.  He brought cards so we had something to do.  We used the hospital tray set the cards up for rummy.  We played a couple of rounds and then Shawn and Courtney stopped in to visit.  While they were here the doctor decided to put me on a pain pump.  My company left shortly after and I tried to nap.  

The nurse came in a few minutes later and set up the pain pump.  It's a pump with dilaudid.  There's a button that I can push every 8 minutes and it delivers medication at a slow rate.  The pump doesn't seem effective enough to keep my pain at bay.  The nurse has a call in to the doctor to see what options we have. 

Mom came in this evening.  We went for a walk and started watching a movie.  She left to go in to work and I'm back to watching One Tree Hill.  The doctors are supposed to call tomorrow and they will give us the next step for me.  I will update you.  Thanks and I will talk to you tomorrow.  Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment