Saturday, August 15, 2015

Saturday August 15

Sorry I didn't write yesterday.  It was a long day.  I woke up in the morning not feeling well.  Then the vomiting started.  I had low blood pressure again.  My heart rate was in the 130's and I had horrible pressure in my chest.  I called Dr. Harborson's office and he said to go to the ER for fluids.

Cyndee took me to the ER.  Luckily when I got there they weren't too busy.  I only waited around 20 minutes until they got me a room.  Once I was back there they gave me a bolus of fluids and nausea medicine.  About an hour later I still wasn't feeling well so they gave me more.   The doctor came into the room and said it was up to me.  I could try going home and see how I feel or they could admit me.  I was feeling a little better so I decided to go home.  

Amber and her wonderful friend Kat came over to make Jell-O shots for the golf tournament today and they made pasta salad and coleslaw for after the tournament.  They left around 7.  I took my medicine and put on my tpn and went to bed.

I woke up early this morning not feeling too well.  I got ready for the golf tournament.  Amber and Bobby picked me up because Colin went over at 4am to set up.  I got there at 7 and it was already insane.   There were so many people there.   And it didn't start until 7:30.  I said hello to everyone that I could.  At one point I wasn't feeling so well.  I had David drive me to the clubhouse and I ran into the bathroom throwing up.  It was awful and embarrassing. I found Colin and let him know that I was really sick.  He found Matt and asked him to take me home.  Matt and I left and he dropped me off at my parent's because no one was home at my house.  I sent Dr. Harborson a message and he said to come straight to the hospital, he was going to direct admit me.  

My Dad got ready and drove me to the hospital.  They brought me to a room after about a half hour of waiting in the admissions department.  Once in my room I started throwing up and couldn't stop.   It was the worst feeling.  My dad kept going in the hallway and trying to get them to give me my medicine but they couldn't give me anything until the iv team checked my PICC line and ok'd it for use.  It took them an hour.  All the while I was vomiting.

When they finally came and gave me my nausea medicine I was able to relax a little and the vomiting slowed significantly.  The doctor told me I'm going to be here until at least Monday.  

Colin did an amazing job today with the golf tournament.  I want to thank everyone for their help!  Everyone is saying it was an amazing day!  I'm really sad that I missed it but it was a huge success.  I will post pictures once they become available to me.

Well...it's been a long day.  I'm going to try taking a nap since I didn't sleep last night.   Thank you a million times over to my amazing husband, sister and friends for everything they did today!  Love you all!   Goodnight!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel better you! :-) Colin did an absolutely FANTASTIC job today. I am so glad that I finally got to meet you!

    ReplyDelete