Saturday, June 18, 2016

June 17


The man that we have entrusted with Heather's life told me when we started this whole thing "the first six months are rough, but she'll be ok." I believe him. 

Wednesday a little after 12:00 Heather had a seizure. Followed by another one in route to the ER. To date one of the scariest times in my life. 85 miles an hour, on the phone with the hospital all while leaning her forward in her seat  (so she didn't choke)...I made it in record time. Neurologists, MRI's, cat scans, the gambit.  Her transplant team was on sight leading the charge,  they are truly awesome. Brain stuff is new to me and quite frankly way out of my league. I'll break it down the best I can. From what I gather (amongst all the medical jargon) it was an isolated incident(s) caused by high blood pressure or medication possibly a combination of the two. With her blood pressure under control, it looks like our stay in the ICU is over. Back to the transplant floor today. Heather has all her wits, and aside from some sore muscles and a swollen tongue she should be no worse for wear. The next few days she's expected to be tired, weak and have a bit of a headache. Bumps in the road are expected, in and out of the hospital...we can do that. One things for sure nothing can break her spirit.

-C

No comments:

Post a Comment