Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Tuesday June 28

Woke up and took my 6am med cocktail.  I got up, showered, changed my ostomy bag and got dressed for the day.  My stomach was feeling a little better this morning and because I have to eat when I take my meds we decided to go to Panera for bagels.   We got in the car and decided against it.  There's a place called Waffles Inc that we have been seeing commercials for and everyone raves about.   We decided to go there.  They didn't open until 8 and we got there around 7:30 so we just drove around and checked out the area a little bit.  

We've been down there before but never really took the time to see what small stores they have. One of these days when I'm feeling better and have the energy I may go down during the week and walk around and check them out.   Some of them look pretty interesting.

We went back to the breakfast place and sat outside since it was a gorgeous morning.  I had waffle crepes and Colin had some sort of waffle with eggs on it.  It was pretty good.   The place was small but really cute.  

After breakfast we headed to Target to get my prescription refills.  While we were there we grabbed a camping chair so that I can sit outside in the grass along the river and read my books.   It will get me out of the house and the pool at the complex is always crazy busy and I can't get in the water so I don't want to just lay there by myself and I don't have a bathing suit here so I'd have to go out and get one.   I'm not sure I want to get into all that mess but it's early in the season so I may change my mind.  You never know!!  We also went down the game aisle and grabbed a couple of board games.  I stink at Monopoly and that's the only real board game we have here.  We have chess and checkers too but I don't know how to play chess and checkers is pretty boring.  We got boggle, battleship, sorry and a game called snap.   Something different to do to occupy our time.  

We left Target and headed home.  I went through all the mail, paid bills and organized everything.  Colin spent the afternoon cleaning the house, scrubbing the floors, doing laundry, cleaning out the fridge etc.    he was definitely on a mission.  I stayed on the couch and watched.  I wasn't much help.  

Lunch came around and I had tuna noodle casserole for lunch and Colin heated up leftover chicken.   We ate and then played Boggle for a little bit.   We relaxed and watched tv until dinner time.  We ended up going to Cheesecake Factory since I still have a bunch of gift cards for there.  I had chicken with rigatoni and Colin got a club sandwich.  We ate and ordered dessert to go.  We got home, I took my meds and put on my pjs.  We watched tv for a little bit and then got out our desserts. I debated forever on which one to get and I was disappointed.  It wasn't horrible, it was just not what I expected.   I ate about half and put the other half in the fridge.  I figured I'll eat a little at a time since it's so unbelievably rich.  

As the day went on I was feeling a little better.   Towards bedtime, I started to get shaky again and my blood pressure was getting higher.  I went in to bed around 7 and just chilled out.   I took my 8 meds and fell asleep by 9:30.  Of course I was watching Chopped when I fell asleep.  My favorite show ever.  I kept waking up off and on and got to see boys and pieces of it because they played the same three episodes over and over again all night.   It was pretty funny.  

It was a restless night but I did sleep better than the previous so I'm making some progress.  I've been up since 3am so I'm hoping to not nap today and make myself tired enough that I'll get a good night's sleep tonight.   We have to be in clinic tomorrow at 6 so I'll have to get up around 5.  

Well....here's to another day.  Hopefully an uneventful one.   Until tomorrow!   Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment