Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Wednesday June 1

I can't believe it's June already!!!

I had a pretty decent night.   We were able to keep the dilaudid in my system orally and were pretty consistent with it so the pain stayed at bay pretty well. I only needed the iv dilaudid once through the night.

When I woke up, I ordered breakfast.  While I was waiting for breakfast I took a shower.   I had half an omelette, home fries and a banana for breakfast.  After breakfast Colin and I went for a walk and waited for the doctors to make their rounds.   They came around and said that everything on my labs for the morning looked good.   There were a couple of electrolytes that needed replaced so they ordered them via iv.  They still didn't have the biopsy results back yet but said that they would let us know as soon as they did.

Bill came in to my room around 11:30 and said that the biopsy was good and that once I was done with the antibiotics and the anti-rejection meds (which take 3-4 hours) we could go home!!!   Colin packed up a bunch of stuff and ran home for a couple of hours while we were waiting on my iv so he wouldn't have to worry about helping me into the house and carrying all of our stuff from living in the hospital for the past two weeks.  

While he was gone I ate my leftover spaghetti from the night before.  He got back to the hospital around 2:30. We waited for my meds to get done.   We were discharged around 4 and headed home!!  Boy was it nice walking in the house!   We have no food and need to go to the grocery store so we ran out and grabbed dinner quick at a place called Gran Agave.  It's a cute little Mexican restaurant in the shopping center.  I had some rice and a beef enchilada.  It was amazing.   I was given clearance to have a regular diet!!  I'm just not allowed to have hard fruits and veggies that are raw and no lettuce just yet.  I'm going to be able to eat my tomatoes though so I'm super excited!!!   I love tomatoes!!  

We got home from dinner and set all my medications aside so that I would be ready for clinic tomorrow.   We have to be there at 6am for labs which means that we have to get up at 5.  The plan is to go back Friday morning too for another biopsy.  Wish me luck tomorrow.  Hopefully everything looks good and I can go back home after my lab work!!   Have a good evening!!   Sweet dreams!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment