Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Monday June 27

Woke up at 5 so we could go to clinic.  Got to clinic.  They did my blood work and took labs.   I had my scope and biopsy scheduled for 8 so they prepped me and got me ready for that.

The Gastro Doctor came in and started the procedure.  It was extremely painful.   Probably the worst biopsy I've had pain-wise yet.  He put the scope in twice as far as they usually do and he put in a lot of air as well.   I was in tears clenching the poor nurse's hands the whole procedure.   It was only about 15 minutes long but it felt like an hour.   

Once it was over they gave me some iv fluids and some pain medicine to try and calm
Me down and get the pain under control.   The good news was that everything looked good on the scan.  The biopsy results take about 24 hours to come back so I wont have them yet.   My potassium was low so they gave me an iv of that as well.  We hung out at the hospital until it was done.   Once it was done we left and got into the parking garage.   All of a sudden I felt like I was going to pass out.   My head started spinning and I felt flush.   Colin grabbed ahold of me and there just happened to be a nurse walking by.   She put me in her car while Colin went and grabbed a wheelchair.   We got in the wheelchair and he took me back in to the clinic.

They wheeled me back to the room and called the doctor.   They gave me some more pain medicine, checked my blood pressure and vitals and decided to send me for a ct scan.  There was a decent amount of blood coming out of my ostomy so they wanted to rule out any kind of perforation or tear from them scoping me.  We waited about an hour.   They took me for the ct scan and then back up to my room.  

We waited about a half hour and Dr. Cruz came in and said everything was good on the ct scan.  They checked my vitals again and said to keep an eye on everything and if it gets worse call my coordinator.  Colin wheeled me out and got the car.   We headed home.  I put on my pjs and laid on the couch.  I headed to bed around 8 and just chilled out.  My stomach pain wasn't subsiding.   I tossed and turned all night to try to stay comfortable.  That was my fun day!   I hope yours was better.  

No comments:

Post a Comment