Thursday, June 9, 2016

Wednesday June 8

Woke up early and went in to clinic.   Had my bloodwork and labs done.   Ate some cereal for breakfast and a banana.  Everything on my bloodwork was good except low magnesium.   They gave me a bag of iv mag for a replacement.

The doctors made their rounds and said everything looked good and when the meds were done we could go home.   We got out of there around 10:30.  We made plans to go to lunch with our friends Matt and Pete.   We headed to their apartment which is about a half hour away.  We hung out in the apartment for a little bit to catch up.   They took us to a local restaurant for lunch.  It was really good.  We had discussed going to a movie but as we sat there I was starting to not feel well.  We left the restaurant and Colin and I headed home.  As we were driving I started to feel worse.  We had the heat on in the car but I was freezing and shivering.

We got home and I put on my pjs and got comfy.  I took my afternoon meds and laid on the couch.  Colin took my blood pressure and it was high.   I got out the thermometer and took my temp.   It was 101.5.  We waited about a half hour and did my blood pressure again and took my temp and both were still high so we called the transplant coordinator.   She checked with the doctor and told us to take Tylenol and call back in an hour with an update.   Colin gave me a cool wash cloth and we waited for an hour.   My temp had gone up to 102.1.   We called back and were told they were going to direct admit me.   She said they would call us to come in when a bed was ready.   We waited about two hours and they called to tell us to head to the hospital.  

We were taken to a room right away and the doctors had orders in the system for more bloodwork.   The fellow stopped in the room and told us they were going to do tests in the am and were just going to monitor me for the night.   We were all settled in the room and hooked up to all my meds by 8:30.   Colin stayed til about 9:30 and went home.   The nurse was in and out of my room until about 11 giving me meds and changing the iv's etc.  I slept off and on.  I was really uncomfortable.   I have a horrible headache, my whole body aches and I'm having a lot of abdominal pain.  It feels like I've been hit by a truck.  I'm just uncomfortable all around.  

I had some tests this am so I will post more after I know what's going on.  

No comments:

Post a Comment