Friday, March 4, 2016

Friday March 4

Today was actually a pretty good day.  I slept a decent amount last night.  Got up and put on my fluids this morning.  

I have been doing research on essential oils.  I looked around here at target, ac moore, Michaels etc and couldn't find a diffuser or the oils anywhere.  I found them online at Walmart.com so I called the closest Walmart in Pittsburgh to see if they had them in the actual store and they do!!!  I made a small road trip and went to Walmart.  I was able to get the diffuser for $10!!!!  I was super excited about it.  And they had the oils for $2 a piece.  I got 4 different oils that are used to promote sleep.   I also got a new "adult" coloring book since I finished the one that Susie bought me.  Coloring is so relaxing for me.

After Walmart I stopped at the grocery store to get more bananas for Colin's smoothies because they are on sale right now for $.25 a pound.  I've been peeling and freezing them for his smoothies.  It gives them an ice cream like consistency.  I've been making him smoothies for breakfast this past week.  It's been kind of fun experimenting with them even though I can't eat them.

I got home and did some laundry and mopped the floors.  I was feeling pretty good today.  I didn't have much of a "fog" today.  I feel like I had a pretty good day.  I was alert and aware of everything going on around me.  

I heard something today that I want to share....an amazing friend of ours - Seth Goodhart is holding a concert in June as a fundraiser for my transplant!!   It's being held in June.   More details to come at a later date.  I will post more information when I have it.  The creativity, generosity, love and support of my friends and family through this difficult time has just been completely overwhelming.   
G

Kelly Schavnis is also hosting an event that I posted a couple of weeks ago.  It's a crafting event.  She has been working on it for weeks.   There still some time slots left if anyone wants to sign up.  I'll post the info again.   It's an awesome thing that she is hosting this fundraiser.   I'm so excited to see what the turnout is but I'm really sad that I won't be able to make it and physically be there. 


Colin got home and we started watching Fuller House on Netflix.  We watched a couple episodes.  Then we decided to go for a walk.  We went over to Dick's to look for sweatpants.  They are crazy expensive.  I know I'm cheap but spending $60-$70 on sweatpants / exercise pants is just insane to me!!!  I don't know why someone would pay that much.   It's insane!  We stopped at Target and they were $30 there.  I can't see paying that either.  I think that's expensive. 

We got home and I got my tpn ready and I'm laying down now.  I'm hoping to get some sleep tonight.   Have a good night!  Sweet dreams!!

No comments:

Post a Comment