Thursday, March 17, 2016

Tuesday March 15

Woke up bright and early and went to clinic.  I wasn't feeling well so I was glad I was going in so that they could see what it is like when I'm in my fog and maybe some of the tests or blood pressure would show what is going on,

We got there around 6.   They did my labs by 7.  Gave me fluids.  I went for an ultrasound of my liver so that they could make sure everything was functioning properly and to determine if I need another liver biopsy before they put me through one.  While they were doing the ultrasound he checked my kidneys, pancreas and bladder as well.   The tech told me everything liked good and I was back to my room within about a half hour.  It was pretty quick and painless.  

When I got back to my room Bill was there.  He said all my labs looked good.  My ammonia levels are right smack in the middle and that he wanted Dr. Cruz to see me but when he did we could go because it would take a little while for them to read the ultrasound and get the report.    About 5 minutes later Dr. Cruz came in and said everything looks good.   They are just waiting on the perfect organ for me.   He's hopeful that it will happen soon.   He hasn't had any offers in two weeks but it's going to happen soon.  

I also learned that there are under 300 people on the small bowel transplant list.  That is really encouraging and I'm at the top of the list.  So we are hoping and praying that it happens soon.

We left the hospital and went home.  I took the movies back.  I chilled out and had a pretty uneventful afternoon.  I got together Colin's dinner.   Did some laundry and cleaned up the kitchen.  Nothing too exciting.

I got my tpn together and put it on a little early.  Depending on how I feel I may go to Altoona on Wednesday to give my mom a little bit of a break.

We will see how my 

No comments:

Post a Comment