Monday, March 28, 2016

Moving on up

As I take a moment to finally reflect over the last few days, it seems surreal. Four days blended into defined moments, hours, milestones. Quite frankly it's been a blur. One thing is for sure, without everyone behind us I don't know how we could have done it. I read each and every comment to Heather whether she's asleep or not. So....thank you, to everyone....again, I say thank you! 

Today was a big day. Sprung from the ICU; moving on up to the 11th floor. That said, tomorrow we walk. Hurdles, obstacles,  challenges, call them whatever you want. She knows the meaning of none of them and her strength knows no bounds. Heather is simply the strongest person I know. Continued defiance of the norm, and the best care in the world will persevere. This I have no doubt. 

Flowers are not permitted to transplant patients so please don't send them. A card/ note/simple get well wishes are welcomed. 

UPMC Montefiore 
200 Lothrop Street 
Pittsburgh, PA 15213 
Unit 11 North Room 71 

- Colin

No comments:

Post a Comment