Saturday, September 24, 2016

Friday September 23

Woke up early to go to clinic.   They were really busy so we waited about a half hour before they took us back to our room.   They drew my labs and I waited for the doctors to make their rounds.

Bill came in pretty early.   He gave me pain meds and Benadryl to premed me for the mag and gancyclovier.  They hung the iv's and we waited for the team.   They came around about an hour later.  Dr. Cruz is stumped by my pain.  I started crying because I am just so frustrated with everything.   He's still trying to get answers from the GI team.   Hopefully they will get back to him soon.

They added another antibiotic to my daily meds.  I have to take it three times a day.   They are also weaning me off the lovanox and transitioning me to cumadin which will be awesome!!  Hopefully the bruising on my arms and legs will go away quickly.  

The team said everything else looks great on the bloodwork.  They also sent me for an X-ray.   The X-ray showed gas and food debris in my stomach and small bowel.  I have to flush my g tube twice a day and hook it up to a gravity bag to drain as much as I can. They also want me to eat 6 small meals/snacks a day vs 3.  I haven't really had an appetite so I haven't been eating much.  After the results from the X-ray came back we were discharged.  It was a very long day.  We got home around 2:30.  I put on my pjs and watched BRAVO most of the evening.  Colin made dinner.  I ate a little and went to bed.  It was pretty uneventful. I took my night time meds and went to bed for the evening.   

No comments:

Post a Comment