Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Wednesday September 7

Was up all night and unable to sleep.  I was really achey, nauseous, dizzy and had a lot of abdominal pain.  

I stayed in bed all morning.  I still didn't sleep.  I just layed in bed and relaxed until about 10.  Then I got motivated and showered and got dressed.  Around 11 I made pierogies for lunch.  I sat on the couch with Colin and we watched a couple episodes of Alaskan Bush people.  We left the apartment around 12:30 to head over to the women's hospital for my mammogram.   

We got to the hospital and they took me back right away.  They did the mammogram (not the most comfortable thing I've been through).  After she took a couple pictures of both sides they moved me to a different waiting room so the doctor could look at the pictures.   About twenty minutes later the nurse came and got me and said that the doctor wants a few more pictures of my right side.  I went back in and they did a few more.   Then all of a sudden I got really dizzy and hot and everything went blank.   The nurses moved me to the ultrasound room and layed me in the bed.  There ended up being four nurses in the room with me putting ice packs on my neck and doing my vitals.  My blood pressure was high of course which could explain my feeling like that.  

About ten minutes later the doctor came in with the nurses.  She said they need to do an ultrasound because they found a small growth on my right breast that wasn't there when I got my last mammogram a year and a half ago.   She wants to ultrasound it and may need to do a biopsy based on what they find.   She said it would be about an hour and a half and that with me not feeling well she would feel more comfortable with me doing it another day.  I was fine with that. 

The nurse walked me to the dressing room, waited for me to put on my clothes and then she walked me back out to the waiting area where Colin was.  We checked out and scheduled my ultrasound.   It's tomorrow at 1.  Hopefully it will be quick and painless.  

We headed home.  I went straight to the bedroom and put my pajamas on.  I got into bed and tried to get comfortable.   About an hour after we got home Colin said he would run to Cosco and grab a couple of things on the grocery list.   He left and was gone about an hour.   He got about half of the items on the list.   He came home and put the groceries away.   He also picked up a rotisserie chicken for dinner.   He made me a small plate.  I sat on the couch with him and we ate dinner.   We have to go to the store tomorrow to get the rest of the stuff on the list.  Hopefully I'm feeling well enough to go with him and get out of the house.  

After I ate my chicken I took my 6:00 meds and layed back down.   I am not able to sleep and I'm really uncomfortable.  I've been laying here for the past three hours.  Hopefully I will fall asleep and stay asleep for a few hours at least.   Wish me luck!!  Sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment