Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Sunday September 4

Woke up at 5:45.   Took my meds and got dressed.  Amber got up with me and took me to my appointment at clinic.  We were in and out within an hour.   They only drew blood to test my vancomycin levels and my prograf levels.  We headed back to the apartment.

When we got back we ran in to Colin, Carter and Caden.  They were headed to the garage with their bikes to pump up the tires and then they were going to go to Eat N Park for breakfast.   Amber and I went in to the house and we waited for Bobby to get dressed.  We headed downstairs to go to the car to drive to Eat n park.  On our way down the steps we heard crying.  Apparently the boys were riding on the trail, Caden cut Carter off, he swerved and hit the fence.  His elbow was all cut up and his ribs were sore.   Colin said he hit the fence pretty hard and the handle bars twisted and jammed him in the ribs.   Colin and Bobby put the bikes away.  Amber was cleaning Carter up.   Caden came down the steps and I told him he could ride in the car with Amber and I or he could walk with his daddy and uncle Colin.  He said he wanted to walk so the three of them headed down the trail.  Carter wanted to ride in the car so the three of us headed to the restaurant.

We got there and were seated right away.  We ended up sitting outside.  It was a beautiful day.   Colin and the twins did the breakfast buffet,  I ordered a skinny scrambler which is supposed to be healthy.   It was pretty good.  After breakfast we went back to the apartment.  Carter, Caden, Bobby and Colin walked back.  Amber and I got back and she started gathering their stuff together and loading up her car.  The boys got back and they finished packing up the car.   They ended up leaving around 10.

After they left I put my pjs on and layed down.  I stayed in bed the rest of the day. I was exhausted, still feeling awful.  I felt a little worse than I did yesterday.  

I waited all day for my transplant coordinator to call with my blood results so I would know what meds I should/should not take.  At 5:30 I still hadn't heard anything so I called the on call number and had the coordinator paged.   She called me back about 40 minutes later.   When she called she said that my levels for the vanc were high and so was my prograf levels.   She said she was going to call the doctor and call me back and let me know what to do.   She called back about ten minutes later and said Dr. Gonoza wants me to stop the vanco all together and to cut my prograf down from 8 pills a day to 4.  The prograf level should be 8-10 and mine was at 18.   She also told me to be at clinic the next morning.   It's a holiday so they don't open until 6:30.  They said to get there first thing.

I finished up my evening routine of my meds and my tea.  I went to bed and set my alarm so I would be up in time to get to clinic.   I fell asleep a little after 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment