Thursday, September 15, 2016

Thursday September 15

Didn't sleep well again last night but was a little more comfortable because they changed my pain medicine from every 6 hours to every 4.  

Colin was here early this morning.   The doctors made their rounds and said they are going to do another scope/biopsy tomorrow.   I will be put under for the procedure so that they can go further into my intestine for samples and take from multiple sites.  They ordered X-rays to see if there is any change in my stomach from the X-rays on Monday.  They left and said they would stop back later.

The X-ray tech brought the X-ray machine to my room and did a few pictures.  Colin and I took a walk after that and went to the 11th floor so I could shower.   The hospital is full so they had to put me on the 5th floor in overflow which is the transplant ICU.  There aren't any showers on this floor at all.  It felt so good to get a shower and wash my hair!!  

We went back to my room.   Shortly after we got back the doctors came around again.  They said the X-rays show that my stomach has emptied for the most part which is a good thing and they advanced my diet to a full liquid diet.   They said not to be worried until we have something to worry about and that they would see me in the morning.

I spent about an hour going through mail and catching up on bills.  Colin left the hospital around 1:30.  I tried to nap but was extremely unsuccessful with all the interruptions.  I really need some sleep.  Every time I turn around I'm being given meds or they are taking my vitals.   It's at least once an hour.   It can be very frustrating at times.  

Around 5, a GI doc came to talk to me about my procedure tomorrow.   It's scheduled for 10 am but he said I may have to wait a little while because they are squeezing me in to their schedule.  He was really nice and said he would see me tomorrow.

I'm exhausted so I'm actually turning in for the night (if I can).    Have a good night and I will update tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment