Thursday, November 26, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving!!! Thankful......

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!   I have a lot to be thankful for this year.   I am thankful to be alive.   I can't believe it's close to a year since my medical disaster.   

I am thankful for my husband Colin.  Without his support and unconditional love I couldn't have gotten through this past year.   He has sacrificed so much to take care of me and has never complained or made me feel guilty about it.  He keeps me positive and looking towards the future.  He is an amazing man and I don't know what I would do without him.  Thank you Colin for being my rock.  I love you!

I am thankful for my parents.   They are always there for me no matter what.  They are always supportive and encouraging.  I don't know what I would do without them.  They love me even on my worst day and when I'm miserable.   I know my parents would fight for me until their death and for this I am forever grateful to them.  Thank you Mom and Dad for everything you do.  I love you!

I am thankful for my family.  Amber, Bobby, Carter, Caden, Shawn, Courtney and Dana.   You have all made the past year more bearable.   Between all of the visits to the hospital to the daily check-ins to make sure I'm ok.  You have shown me genuine love.  I know that if I need anything at all they are only a phone call away.  Thank you for always being there.  I couldn't do this without you.  I love you!

I am thankful for my in-laws.   Between Cyndee taking care of the dogs while we are in Pittsburgh and allowing us to live with her until we moved; to David driving the moving truck to Pittsburgh in the middle of the night; to Brooke making sure Colin has food and is taking care of himself; to the kids sending cards and artwork; to Charity making weekly calls to check in on me.   You have been there for us and have never questioned or complained.  Thank you for everything.  I love you!

I am thankful for my friends.   I'm not going to name you all because there are too many people to name.  I want to thank you for the unconditional love, support and prayers through this difficult time.   You have done so much for us.  The benefit/gala was a huge success as well as the golf tournament.  Without you....this never would have happened and we wouldn't have raised the money we did for my transplant.   What you did with these events was mind blowing!  Thank you for the constant check-ins, cards and visits.   You have made the last year more bearable.   I am thankful and blessed to have each and every one of you in my life!  I love you!

I am thankful for my doctors.   Starting with Dr. Chory and Dr. Johnston....they saved my life.  Without their quick actions I would not be here today.  Dr. Harborson and his colleagues....they have taken care of me over the past year and have gotten me in with the doctors here in Pittsburgh.  Dr. Cruz, Mary Roberts and the team here in Pittsburgh - I am forever thankful.   This team of doctors has kept me "healthy" and out of the hospital for a record of 7 weeks now.   Previously....(since December) the longest stretch I'd been out of the hospital was 4 days.  I am forever grateful to each and every one of my doctors.

I am thankful for my nurses.   Each and every one of you has shown me compassion, empathy and care.  These nurses are barely recognized for what they do and they are the ones who work tirelessly to make sure every need is met.  You not only took care of me, you have become my friends.  I thank you for being there for me and I will never forget you. 

I am not sure what the future holds but I do know one thing..... I am touched by the people in my life and I will never forget what you have done for me.  I am truly blessed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment