Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Monday February 22

Had an ok nights sleep.  Woke up got dressed and put on a bag of fluids.   When it was done I ran to target to get blades for Colin's razor.

I got home and started to watch a movie.  All of a sudden I felt a dripping on my stomach.  The wax seal had broken and my ostomy bag started leaking.  I went into the bathroom to change my bag.  In the middle of changing it there was a knock at the door.  I hurried and tried to put myself together no answered the door.   It was the maintenance guy.  Our refrigerator is freezing stuff so we put a maintenance request in because we can't risk my tpn freezing.  

He was there for a couple of minutes and left.  I went and sat on the couch to finish sealing my bag.  I usually hold the seal for about a half hour.   About 20 mins into it there was a huge surge of wet.   The entire seal popped off and it was everywhere!!  I ran to the bathroom, cleaned myself up and started all over again.  It was so frustrating.  It took me another half hour to clean up the mess.  My afternoon was completely shot after that.  I spent extra time sealing my bag and did a load of laundry which I dirtied between the leaking on my clothes and what I had to clean up.  Not a good afternoon.

Mary called to tell me they were putting me back on the antibiotic Diflucan and that I would be on it 14 days this time for the thrush.   She also said that Dr. Gonoza and Dr. Cruz are going to talk about adjusting my steroids and we would discuss it in clinic Tuesday. 
Chartwell ended up delivering my antibiotics right after Mary called.

After that I just sat on the couch and watched the Kids Baking Championship.   Colin grabbed dinner on his way home so I didn't have to make something.   By 5:30 I had to get my tpn on since we have to be at the hospital at 6 on Tuesday.  I put on my tpn, ran my antibiotics and went to bed around 8.  I was up all night.  I maybe fell asleep for an hour.   Needless to say I am exhausted today.  Hopefully I can nap or get some sleep tonight.  I'm at clinic this morning so I'll update a little later.   Have a good day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment