Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Tuesday February 16

Woke up at 5 to be at the hospital by 6.   The weather was terrible.  It was raining when we left.   We gave ourselves about 30 mins to get there because the news said the roads were icy in spots.

It took us the full half hour to get there.  We got there and they took my blood and gave me a bag of fluids.  They changed my PICC dressing.  Dr. DiMartini stopped to see me and changed my night time meds.  I will start them tonight so hopefully they will work.

When the doctors made their rounds I gave them my blood pressure log and my blood sugar log.  My diastolic blood pressure is pretty high.   They are a little concerned with it so they put me on a patch to help lower it,   There's a good chance that my blood pressure is causing all of my foggy issues.  I have to continue taking my blood pressure throughout the day and logging it.   They are going to try and monitor it closely.  

Hopefully that's the problem and things settle down and I start to feel better.   They sad the first couple of days on the patch may be a little hard for me to get used to.  We left the hospital and were home by 11.  The roads were getting worse as we drove.   We got home and I ran to Target to check into the diabetic supplies that I've been dealing with.  Insurance is becoming a joke again.

I ended up leaving Target with no resolution except that they had to call my insurance because they couldn't get it to go through even though I called ahead of time to straighten everything out.  It still is not resolved so I'll be making calls all day today too.  Fun fun!!!

We were lazy the rest of the evening.  I made Colin baked ravioli and garlic bread for dinner and we watched The Intern.  It's a really good movie.   We saw it in the theater and he wanted to see it again so I got it at the Redbox.   After the movie I got ready for bed and put on my tpn.  I was up all night.  I made my way put to the couch around 1 and stayed there for the night so Colin could get some sleep.   He's been sleeping on the couch for the past week off and on.   We have been taking turns.

Well....hopefully today will be a good day.   I will post more later.  

No comments:

Post a Comment