Sunday, February 7, 2016

Thursday February 4

Was up early as usual.  Got everything together for the day and put on a fluid.

Around 9 I got a call from Mary my transplant coordinator.   She made me an appointment to get my PICC line exchanged.   She said to be at the hospital at 10:30 for the procedure.  I unhooked my fluid and got ready to go over.  I got to the hospital around 10:15.  I sat and waited until about 11:30 when they finally called me to go back.  The surgeon looked over the line and made some measurements.  He decided to keep it in the same arm and move it slightly to the right.  They prepped me and removed the old one.   Then they put the new one in.  It was pretty quick and painless.  

It took about an hour to have the procedure but as soon as I was done we were allowed to leave.  We came home and I put on another fluid since I couldn't finish the first bag in the morning.   While the fluid was running I made taco dip and cut up some cubed cheese for cheese and crackers.  I also got together Colin's dinner.  I made sausage and potatoes.  

Around dinner I got another call from Mary telling me I had to go to the hospital tomorrow to get additional blood work done and to be there at 7am.  I got my tpn on early and got ready for bed.  I went to bed around 8.  I was feeling a little better today.  My fog didn't start until a little later in the afternoon which was good.   And I wasn't aHopefully today will be even better.  

No comments:

Post a Comment