Saturday, May 14, 2016

Friday May 13

Had my clinic appointment this morning.   Everything went really well.  They are very happy with my progress.   My labs all came back good and they took me off another medication.  They did up my prograf pill for the weekend and changed my steroids back to a higher dose again.   I go for another scan and biopsy on Monday so hopefully that will all work out ok.  They gave me the weekend off and said I don't need to go in to clinic so I'm going to do my best to enjoy the time.

We got home from my appointment fairly early.  We were home by 10.  It was a nice early day.   Colin packed up and got ready to go to Lancaster for a visit.  My parents decided to come out this weekend to see me and I haven't seen my dad in what feels like forever so I'm super excited!!!  

Before Colin left he put out and organized all my meds for the weekend so I wouldn't have to worry about it.   He's very thorough when it comes to that stuff.  He doesn't miss anything which is a good thing because if it was up to me, who knows if I could get it straight.   He may be a pain in my a..$$ half the time but I know he means well and he's doing it all for my well being.  We have been on each other's nerves the past week (we are spending 24/7 together) and it's been hard but we love each other and I know he's only looking out for my best interests.  I love you Colin and appreciate everything you do for me even though I may not always say it or show it in the best way.

Mom and Dad got to the house a little after 11.  We had lunch - chicken salad and watermelon and watched tv for a little bit.  I asked Dad to install a new shower head for me that is one you pull off and has a sprayer because I'm still not allowed to officially shower yet.   He took me to Lowes and we got one.   He had it installed in 10 minutes.   It will make my life so much easier!!!   Thanks Dad!!!!

My cousin Leah and her family were in Pittsburgh at a museum today and she reached out to see if they could stop for a visit.  They came around 1 and stayed til a little after 3.  It was so nice having visitors and seeing family.   It really makes me feel loved knowing so many people care.  

After they left I took a quick nap.  I woke up and we went to dinner.  We went to Longhorn.  I of course ordered chicken and a potato.  I ate about a third of it.  We got home from dinner and put in the movie Sisters.   I watched about a third of it and then fell asleep.   Apparently it was hilarious.   Dad said Mom went into an uncontrollable laughing fit in the middle of the movie and she couldn't stop.   I'll have to watch it again after they leave and finish the whole movie.  

By the time I woke up it was time for my evening meds.  I had a little oatmeal and took all my pills.  I made my sleepy time tea, took my swish meds and went to bed.  It was a very good day.  A little exhausting but I need to work up my energy little by little.  Every day is getting easier.  I only had to take pain medicine once today.  I'm hoping that things will continue to progress the way they are and pray that I stay on the right track.  I've been up since 2 am and don't see myself falling back asleep so hopefully today won't be too bad.  I will post more later.   Have a good day!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment