Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Monday May 16

Woke up and went in to clinic at 6.  They did the labs and we hung out for a couple of hours until the doctor made his rounds.   Dr. Cruz stopped and looked at everything.  While he was there he decided that the majority of the stitches and staples could come out.   So....within two minutes I was laying in the bed and he was cutting the stitches and pulling them out.   Apparently I heal really well so it was a little more painful than expected but Colin let me squeeze his hand and I worked through it.  After the majority of the stitches were out Dr. Cruz pulled the staples.  It wasn't as bad as the stitches but still not the most comfortable feeling.  It was pretty awesome making that step and one less thing for me to stress over.  I'm glad he just did it and I didn't have the anticipation of it coming.   For those with a weak stomach, scroll past the photo.  It is pretty gruesome.   
 

This is my beautiful belly/roadmap as I like to call it.

We received some more good news at the appointment.  I have two bags of tpn left and when I'm done with those I'm done with the tpn!!!   No more hooking up to cords for 12 hours a night!!!   The rest of my labs looked really good and they don't need to make any other changes.  

My biopsy wasn't scheduled until 1 so we had to hang out until they were ready for us.   The nurse called down and asked if they could take us early but they were really busy and told her no at first.   They ended up calling her around 11:30 and said to send us over and they would take us.   We went to get the scope done and ended up in the waiting room for an hour and once I got back to the room and I was ready for the procedure we waited another hour.  I didn't end up going for the procedure until about 1:30.  

They said everything looked good on the camera.  I was in a lot of pain afterward.    So much pain that they ended up sending me for an X-ray just to make sure nothing was wrong.   There was a lot of air used so my intestine was just really bloated.  

We left the hospital and stopped at TGI Fridays to grab dinner.   It was 4:30 by the time we got there.   We had a really long day.   We were at the hospital at 6 and didn't leave until around 3.  We got home and rented The Revenant.  I fell asleep (surprise, surprise) and woke up when it was time to take my night time meds and put on my tpn.  I went to bed around 8:30.  We have off tomorrow.  I will post more later.   Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment