Sunday, May 22, 2016

Friday May 20

I know I'm a little behind.   Didn't mean to worry anyone.   Today was an ok day.   I had a fever the majority of the day and it spiked a little.   It was 101.7 at one point.   Dr. Cruz was in the room when I took my temp and he was perplexed.

He put in for a couple of tests to check for different viruses including the cold virus and Rhoda virus which can be really dangerous.  He also scheduled me for iv Tylenol and antibiotics via iv 3 times a day.

I walked a little and was able to eat.  I wasn't feeling all that bad.  Just tired from not sleeping.  I took a nap in the afternoon and woke up soaking wet so I think at that point my body broke the fever.   I spent the evening in bed and just watched tv until I fell asleep.  The nurse woke me up around midnight to do the virus swab.   It was a long q-tip type of thing that she had to shove far up my nose and swab.  It felt like she was poking out my brain!!  They said it will take a day or two to get the results back.  Hopefully everything comes back negative.

No comments:

Post a Comment