Thursday, May 12, 2016

Wednesday May 11

Today was a very long day but was good all in all.  

We got up extra early and went in to clinic.  We stopped and got donuts for the girls on the way since we hadn't seen them in a little while.  When we got there they did my labs and took my vitals.  Everything looked ok.  

After that they gave me my anti-rejection medicine which runs over three hours.  They had to give me Benadryl as well as part of the treatment so I fell asleep for a little bit.  The doctors made their rounds and were very happy with my progress.  Dr. Cruz changed some of my medicines around and took me off of a couple of things temporarily to see how I do without them.  He also decided to cut my tpn back to every other day instead of daily.  I didn't have to do my tpn last night.  It felt so good not being attached to a pump and wires all night long.  

He also advanced my diet a little bit as well.  Still low fat but said we can add some fruits to it as long as they are soft.  I was taken to the gi lab for my scope and biopsy and everything went really well.  They said everything looks great.  There is no sign of rejection.  We should have the actual biopsy results back tomorrow but the scope was perfect.

We left the hospital happy with the outcome.  I was completely exhausted.  On the way home we decided to stop and grab something to eat since I hadn't eaten.  We stopped at Red Robin.   My first meal out in over a year!!!   I got pretzel bites and a grilled chicken sandwich.  I only ate about half but it felt really good to be able to order something and actually eat it!!  

We got home and I laid down.  I stayed on the couch until it was bedtime.   The day took a lot out of me.  No clinic today so who knows what I'm going to get into.  I will post more later.   Have a good day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment