Friday, May 20, 2016

Thursday May 19

Happy Birthday to my sister Amber.   She is the best sister anyone in the world could ask for.  I couldn't have gotten through all of this without her.   Even though she lives a busy life with her family, job and overwhelming life she is always there for me.  I love you Amber and wish you all the best in your life.   You deserve it!!!

The doctors were really happy with my progress today.  My labs looked good and I was feeling pretty good when they made their rounds.  Colin and I took several walks.   One of which was outside to sit on the bench.   It was beautiful outside.  

He left the hospital around 3 to go home and vacuum and dust since he's not allowed to do it when I'm around and then he went to dinner with some friends to get out a little bit.  The aide came in to take my temp around 3:30 so they could hang a bag of medicine and my fever was back.   They took my temperature six times with three different machines to make sure.  They told the doctors and gave me some Tylenol.  My temp ranged from 100.3-100.7 between the different thermometers.  It slowly started to go down in the next hour with the Tylenol but hovered in the 99.7-99.9 range throughout the night.   They have no idea why I have the fever.   They are still waiting to get the blood cultures back and see if they have grown anything.   They are hoping to get them back today.  In the meantime they are treating me with antibiotics.  

Later in the evening around 5:30, I walked over to the other hospital around dinner time to get a soft pretzel.   That's what I had for dinner.  After dinner I just relaxed and watched Chopped on tv.  I also caught up on phone calls.  I talked to Mom and Dad, Amber, Shawn, Courtney and Cyndee.  Everyone seemed to be calling me yesterday.  I was on the phone for a couple of hours.  It was nice catching up with everyone though.  

They gave me all my nighttime meds around 10 last night and then I attempted to get some sleep.  I was up off/on all night because they were hanging different meds in my iv so I didn't get much sleep.  Hopefully we will have more answers today.  I will update later.   Have a good day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment