Sunday, May 22, 2016

Sunday May 22

I actually slept a little better last night.  I probably got about 6 hours of sleep off/on between interruptions.  Not too bad.  

I was up and moving around 7.  I ordered breakfast.  I had half a ham and cheese omelette and some mandarin oranges.  I also had some hot chocolate and orange juice.  

After breakfast we walked a couple of laps on the floor.  We went back to the room and waited for the doctors to make their rounds.   Colin stopped at the bakery on his way in this morning because it is one of my favorite nurse's birthday.  He got her cupcakes that the bakery was able to shape into a syringe and wrote happy birthday on it.  He also got a couple of sticky buns and some treats for Dr. Cruz for breakfast.  
 

When Dr. Cruz came in he said that all my labs were good this morning and that we just needed to hang out until my scope tomorrow.   Colin gave Dr. Cruz his tears and he was really excited.   He even had one of the nurses hide the box until he was done making his rounds.  It was kind of funny.  It's not much and we are still trying to figure something else out but how do you repay someone who saved your life!!  A couple of breakfast sweets is nothing in comparison, but we just wanted him to know that we appreciate everything he does for us.  

The tests showed no virus so that's good.   We are still waiting on the results of the Rhoda virus test.  They said it will take a couple of days for the results of that one.  Pray that it's not that because it's life-threatening in a transplant patient.  Hopefully we will know something tomorrow. 

For lunch, Colin went to Qdoba and got me a beef burrito.   It was basically a burrito with rice, beef and a tiny bit of salsa.  It was really good.  I also had one of the cupcakes Colin got for Diane's birthday.  It was even better!!!  After lunch we walked a couple of laps. We came back to the room and both took a nap.

For dinner I ordered grilled cheese and chicken noodle soup.  I was told to eat light for dinner because I have my scope Monday.  I can't eat or drink anything after midnight.  I'm currently laying in bed and watching House Hunters.  I'm going to chill out the rest of the evening because I've been having stomach spasms all day.  Good news is- no fevers all day long!!   The antibiotics have been working.  I will update tomorrow after my tests.   They aren't sure what time I'm scheduled for.   Usually it's early afternoon but we will see.   Have a good night!   Sweet dreams!!

No comments:

Post a Comment