Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Monday May 23

Woke up and showered.  Got dressed and tried to prep myself for the day.   Around 9 they came to get me to take me for my biopsy.  We were taken to the GI lab and I was taken back pretty much immediately for the procedure.  I woke up in recovery with Colin already in the room.  We were in recovery for a little bit and then I was back in my room by 10.

Colin ran to the cafeteria and got me breakfast.  He got me oatmeal and a banana.  After I ate we did a couple of laps on the floor.   We came back to the room and watched tv.  
 I got out the laptop and started blasting out even more companies for the golf tournament.  I am sending emails to all kinds of corporations hoping someone will come through with donated items, gift cards, etc.  I am hoping all my hard work will pay off.  We are soliciting anything from hotels to give overnight stays to umbrella manufacturers for golf umbrellas.   I figure the more giveaways we have the better.

We will see!!!  It gives me something to do.   After I get through my corporate list I'm going to get started on local companies.   That's going to be a lot harder for Colin and I because we would rather do it face to face but because we are in Pittsburgh it's going to be a little more difficult.  

Around 3, Dr Cruz came into my room with Ahmed.   He told us that there was some abnormality in the sample they took so they need to repeat the scope and biopsy.  They rescheduled it for tomorrow (Tuesday). They ordered a bunch of additional meds for anti-rejection as well as some more antibiotics.  One of the meds required blood pressure checks every half hour for 6 hours so I didn't get any sleep.    It was a little upsetting to me and I stressed over it all night.  I'm not sure if it was the medications or not but I was in excruciating pain in my abdomen for hours and just couldn't get ahead of it.  I was in tears several times because I just couldn't handle the pain.

 Around 2am, Dr Cruz saw my light on in my room so he stopped in to check on me.   He said not to worry and dress over it and that he isn't convinced that there is an issue because they only took one sample instead of several so he's going to have them take 5 when they redo it.  I felt better after speaking to him.   He has a way of keeping me positive and feeling better about things mentally.  It was a very long, sleepless night....

I was up until Colin came in the morning.  

No comments:

Post a Comment