Friday, May 27, 2016

Thursday May 26

Woke up early as usual.  Ordered my breakfast.  I had cereal, mandarin oranges and a small blueberry muffin.   It was pretty delicious.

Right after breakfast Colin and I received bad news.   Our friend Josh made it through the night but passed away in the morning.  He put up a good fight but is no longer suffering.   His family is devastated but are relieved that there is no more pain.   It's really sad how things can take a turn for the worst when it comes to needing an organ and how vital it is to your survival.  If you aren't an organ donor already, please do the research and look into it.   There are so many lives that you can save.  It's amazing what they can do.

The rest of the morning was pretty somber.  We had a little good news.....my favorite nursing assistant came in to my room to tell me she passed her boards!!!   She had just gotten an email and was super excited!!   To celebrate, Colin went and grabbed a pizza for us for lunch and some gelato because that's her favorite.   She was super excited.

After lunch we took a walk for a couple of laps.  We watched tv and hung out for the evening.   I ordered dinner, ate and went for another walk.   After that I got ready for bed and just relaxed.   I am still having a lot of pain in my abdomen.   They think it's medicine related.  They switched some things around but it's going to take a couple of days until we know something.   I am going to try and move around a little more today to see if it helps.   It's supposed to be nice so we are going to go outside.

I will post more later.   Have a good day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment