Saturday, August 27, 2016

Friday August 26

Woke up at 5.  Got dressed.  Took my meds.   Packed my backpack and got everything ready for my appointment.  

Got to clinic around 6.  They took us to a room right away.  Colin got me a hot chocolate.  The nurse came in and drew my labs.  When she was done I tried to take a nap but was unsuccessful.  

Bill came in and said my ostomy looks good.  He said he would be back with Dr. Gonoza with the lab results.  The doctors made their rounds and said all my labs looked good.  They were waiting to get the electrolytes back and if everything is good we can go home.   They said they would call in the afternoon to let me know about my prograf.  

While we were waiting, Lori,the nutritionist came in to talk about my diet in a little more depth.   She basically said I need to limit my calories to 1800 a day.  She said to cut back on sugars and maybe try stevia instead of regular sugar.  She also said I can eat fruits and vegetables.  I just can't eat leafy greens like spinach and kale.  Iceberg lettuce is fine.  I'm allowed to eat whole grain and wheat etc.   just no nuts or seeds.  She said to introduce these things a little at a time.   Maybe one a day.  She said portion control is really important especially with the gastroparesis. While she was finishing up talking to us, the nurse came in and said everything is good with the electrolytes.  She brought in the discharge papers and Lori gave us her email address in case we had any questions. 

We left clinic and went home.  I had leftovers for lunch.  After lunch I went to the bedroom to lay down. I took about an hour nap.  I was watching Real Housewives.  I didn't do anything the rest of the day.   Colin made dinner.  We had baked chicken, mashed potatoes and mixed veggies.  After dinner I made my tea and went to bed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment