Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Sunday August 28

Woke up, took my meds, got showered.  Colin took me to the grocery store to grab something to make for lunch.  My parents went to my cousins wedding in Indiana and took the Ohio turnpike to the PA turnpike. They were going to be driving right past Pittsburgh so they called and said they were stopping for a visit.  

We got home from the store around 11:30.   I ate half of a tuna salad sandwich for lunch and some salsa and chips.  I put my pajamas on so I could be comfortable. Colin had cleaned up the house and did some laundry.   He left to meet a friend.  After he left, I put a movie on and layed on the couch.  Around 1:30 my mom and dad got there.  It was nice seeing them.   I got their lunch together.   They had turkey sandwiches, a pickle and potato chips.   I also made fruit salad to have as my test food for the day.   Mom had a little bit of it and I had a tiny bowl of it.   It was really good and super easy.  You put in one can of chunk pineapple with the juice.   Mix it together with one pack instant pudding mix.  Usually I use vanilla, this time I used banana cream.  It was really good with the banana and gave it an extra boost of flavor.  Then you add a can of mandarin oranges but you drain all the juice first.   Mix them in w/ the pineapple and pudding.  Then you add your fresh fruit.   You can add anything you like.  I added strawberries, blueberries and grapes.  So easy and delicious!

We watched tv for a little bit and mom decided she was going to go to the pool to hang out.  Dad wanted to go to the candy store where they sell vintage sides.  We walked mom to the pool so I could make sure she cou
d get in.  While I was there I grabbed the mail.   Dad and I got in the car and headed to Rocket Fizz. I picked out a mix and match six pack of soda.  They have the most amazing soda selection ever!!!  You can get anything from bacon flavored soda, pb&j, any flavor jolly rancher, orange cream sickle, banana flavored to gingerale, root beer, cola and so much more.  I got three root beer and three gingerale.   Dad ended up picking out five signs to put in his garage. He has been finishing up the garage.  It's almost complete.  It looks awesome.  He has been working really hard on it and it is paying off.  After Rocket Fizz we went over to Charming Charlie's and got two bracelets for mom.  They have such a huge selection of accessories and are extremely cheap.  

We went back to the apartment.  Mom was done at the pool and was changing when we got back.  I sat and went through the mail.  Mom had brought in a bag with some stuff in it for me to go through so I went through that and picked out what I wanted. It was close to 5 so I put on my antibiotic and got dressed in actual clothes instead of sweats.  

Then we headed to Rock Bottom for dinner.  They wanted to go to dinner but didn't want to go to a chain restaurant.   We were seated right away.  I ordered a pork bbq sandwich with French fries.   I ate about a quarter of the sandwich.  It was really good.   We sat at the restaurant for about an hour and just chatted.   After dinner we went back to the apartment and they got all their stuff together, packed up the car and headed home.   They left in the middle of a huge storm.  They called about two hours into their drive and said it was still storming really bad and that they weren't even going 40mph.  They didn't end up getting home until close to 10:30.

Colin got home around 7:30.   I had my pjs on and went to bed.   I watched tv for a little while until I finally fell asleep.   

No comments:

Post a Comment