Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Tuesday August 2

Woke up at 5 to get ready to go in to clinic.  I was feeling awful.  I was extremely nauseous, having a lot of abdominal pain and was all out of sorts.  

We got to clinic a little before 6 and they took me back right away and got me into a bed because I was so out of it.  They did my labs right away and Bill came in to check on me as soon as the nurse told him how I was feeling.

The blood cultures came back and I tested positive for a line infection.  Basically I had an infection in my picc line which went in to my bloodstream.  They took me down to have the picc line removed right away.  They pulled the line out of my right arm and put a new one in my left.   The procedure took a little longer than they thought it would.  We were taken back to my room and they hooked me up to antibiotics.  They said that once the antibiotics were done we could go.  We were there until about 1.  We came back to the apartment and I put my pjs back on and went to the bedroom to lay down.  

I stayed in bed the afternoon.  I got up and moving around dinner and ate my Cheesecake Factory leftovers.  Colin went out and went for a bike ride to burn off some energy.  I took my 6:00 meds, showered and changed my osteomy bag.  The shower really wore me out so I put my pjs on (of course!) and went to bed.   Colin got me up to take my night meds and to hook me up to the antibiotic.  

I fell asleep pretty quickly but was up around midnight and couldn't fall back asleep.  It was a long night.  I couldn't get comfortable because I was in so much pain.   I hope tomorrow is better and the antibiotic starts to work.  Fingers crossed!!!  I'll touch base tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment