Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Wednesday August 10

Had a better night last night.  I slept a little more so that was good.  

Colin got to the hospital around 6.  At 6:30 Dr. Cruz and Bill came in to do their rounds.  He said everything was good on my labs and all the discharge paperwork was in.  They had to give me some iv replacements and as soon as they were done we could go home!!!!   I was so excited!!!  We had been debating and discussing me going to Lancaster this weekend with Colin for the golf tournament.  Dr. Cruz said to go. He thinks I need to get away and need a break.   

All my replacements/iv meds were done by 10.  We went back to the apartment.  I showered as soon as we got home.  After my shower I packed up my suitcase and all my medical supplies.  We loaded up the truck and were on the road around 11:30.  

The ride is pretty uneventful.   Halfway there we started listening to the iTunes on my phone because we couldn't get a clear radio station to come in.  The Fight Song by Rachel Platton started playing.  Halfway through the song I just got completely overwhelmed with emotion and started crying.   That song is my theme song.  It reminds me of everything I've been through.  Once the song was over we talked about what we've been through and how we did it.  This whole situation has brought Colin and I so much closer.  It has definitely been a test of our relationship but luckily it has made us so much stronger as a couple.  

We stopped at the last rest stop before our exit and I took my meds and went to the bathroom.  We were back on the road in 5 minutes.  We got to my parents house around 3.  Colin unloaded all my stuff and I went in and layed on the couch.  He left and went to his mom's.  

I rested a little bit but needed to go to the store to get a couple things.  Mom took me to the store.  We got home and Dad was home from work.  We sat down and had dinner.  Shawn came over and hung out for a little bit.  He left and got Courtney and brought her to the house too.  I was so exhausted from the ride that I ended up falling asleep on the couch.  Shawn woke me up to say goodbye and he and Courtney left.  I took my night time meds and went upstairs to bed for the night. I had a really eventful day even though most of it was in the car.  It took a lot out of me. I'm laying in bed now watching the lifetime movie network.  Hopefully I'll get a good night's sleep and you do too!!!  Sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment