Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Tuesday August 16

We were up bright and early this morning to go to clinic.  I woke up with a sore throat and my tongue felt like it was swollen.  We stopped and grabbed a dozen donuts for the nurses.  They always enjoy breakfast.  

We got there and were taken back to our room.  We were settled in by 6:30 am.  Bill stopped in to check on me.  He looked in my mouth and said he thought it was thrush and would talk to Dr Cruz to see what he wanted to do.  

My biopsy wasn't scheduled until 8:00 so they drew my labs and got things started on that end.  I took all my morning meds and hung out chatting until it was time for the biopsy.  I really like the doctor who did it.  She has done a couple of mine so far.   

Unfortunately.....she got to a certain point in the intestine about 10cm in and there was that stupid kink that likes to make me miserable.  She had to get to 20cm so she blew air into it, pushed the scope a little further and repeated several times.  I just layed
There in excruciating pain with tears rolling down my face.   It is an uncomfortable procedure when everything is open and moving through.   The kink is just the natural movement of the intestine.   There's nothing wrong with it ..... It's just a matter of timing since the intestine is always contracting and moving.  

Once the doctor was done, they gave me some pain medicine and moved me to a different room.  The transplant team came in and said everything looks good as far as they can see from the scope.   They took 3 good samples to send for the biopsy.  I should get the results back at some point tomorrow.   They also said that all my labs look good.  They added an antibiotic to my daily regimen of meds to see if clears it up along with the swish and swallow med I do four  times a day so hopefully that will go away quickly.  The thrush is uncomfortable.  It makes your mouth sore, puts a fuzzy white coating on your tongue and the worst part is that you can hardly taste anything.  Hopefully it will feel better by tomorrow.  That's the easy ailment to deal with.   The stomach pain from the nausea is still awful.

We left the hospital and we're headed home by 10:30.  We went to the grocery store and grabbed some things for dinners the next few days.  We got home and Colin made tuna salad wraps for lunch.   They were delicious!  After lunch I put on my pjs and layed down to try and nap.  I wasn't able to fall asleep so I played games on my phone and watched tv until dinner time.   Colin made mushroom pizza for dinner.  It was pretty good.   We ate and watched tv for a little bit.   Then Colin took me to target to pick up a prescription.  Of course as soon as we started making our way to the car it started terentially down pouring.   It was raining so hard the rain was sideways.  He dropped me off at the door to target.   He parked the car and met me inside.  We got my prescription and some sunscreen because I ran out.  

We headed back home.  Once we got home, I put my pjs back on, took my meds and went to bed.  I turned on my oil infuser with some lavender oil and I sprayed my pillows with lavender.   It's supposed to work so I'm keeping my fingers crossed I will get some sleep tonight!   It's long overdo.   I'm also going to try and find a nice background noise app on my phone for the white noise to see if that helps.  

I will let you know what tonight brings.   Have a good night and sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment