Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Saturday August 13

Woke up.  Took my meds and showered.  Hung out at my parents house with the twins.  I started to get tired so I went upstairs and layed in bed for a little bit.  I got out of bed around 10 and got ready for the golf tournament.  

Got to the golf tournament around 11.  Everyone was still out golfing.  I took Caden and a golf cart and we rode around the golf course looking for Colin.  We found his group eventually.  They were playing pretty well.  I only stayed for a few minutes and then I headed to the clubhouse where it was air conditioned.  I sat there for a little bit and then went to the picnic pavilion where they were serving the food and had all of the prizes, raffles, etc.  

I saw so many people I hadn't seen in a while.  It was so nice catching up with everyone.   It was even nicer that I was able to stay in one place and everyone could come to me.  It was scorching hot and after about an hour and a half I was starting to feel the effects of the heat.   It was really draining.  I stayed at the tournament until the end when they announced the winning team.  Brandon's team won.  They played really well.   They won gift baskets along with a beautiful trophy made by Josh Mauger.   The work that he does is amazing.  

 
 

A special thank you to Brian who helped coordinate the whole thing and kept everything running smoothly.  

I had my mom take me home from the tournament around 2.  I went upstairs, put on my pjs and layed down.  I fell asleep almost immediately.  I was so exhausted between the heat and the activity of the day. I woke up around 4 and was lazy the rest of the evening.  I had a headache and was feeling weak and exhausted.  I spent the evening watching lifetime movies.   

All in all the tournament was a huge success.  Colin pulled it off without a hitch.  It was really great to see everyone who came out to support us!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment