Sunday, August 21, 2016

Saturday August 20

Woke up and took my 6 meds.  Fell back asleep until 8.  Got up and ate some cereal.  Took my 8 meds.  Put on my first antibiotic and just layed in bed.  Colin came into the bedroom and changed his clothes.   He has a bunch of free passes to one of the golf courses here so he went to go hit some balls at the driving range.  He wanted to go before it got too hot.  After he left my 1st antibiotic was done so I hooked myself up to the second one.  I stayed in bed and watched saved by the bell for a few episodes.  Then A League of their Own came on so I watched it.  Colin came home and made me lunch.  I had leftover sloppy joes and pasta salad.  I ate and went back to the bedroom and watched Sixteen Candles.  

I got up and motivated around 4.  We had made plans with Matt and Pete to go to a place called Willow.  They wanted to treat us to dinner because we hadn't seen them in about a month.  We finalized our plans and Matt made reservations for 6:30.  I got showered and changed my bag.  I got my meds together and hooked up my antibiotic.  Colin showered and got dressed.   We left the house and headed to the restaurant.  It was about 20 minutes from our place.  Not too bad of a drive.  I still had my antibiotics hooked up.  We rigged them in the car to keep the drip running so we wouldn't be late to meet them.  We got to the restaurant a little after 6.   The antibiotic runs on gravity and we still had about 1/3 of the bag left so Colin had me get out of the car and he hooked the iv bag high up on a branch in the tree we parked next to.   It was definitely a ghetto rig but it worked out really well.   It finished up in 5 minutes.  Matt and Peye got there a little before the iv was done so we just stood outside and chatted a bit.  

I cleaned everything up and we all went inside.  They seated us immediately.   It was a very nice restaurant.  They have a small menu and limited menu options but everything sounded amazing and to see the plates coming out of the kitchen was great.  All of the plates we saw looked delicious.  We ordered artisan bread as an appetizer.   I ordered agnolotti with mushrooms, Colun ordered the French Dip and Matt and Pete each ordered burgers.  The bread was even amazing.  They gave you two breads and two dipping sauces.  Our dinners were delicious as well.  Mine was basically a mushroom ravioli in a garlic type of sauce with quinoa.  I pushed the quinoa to the side because it's hard for me to process.  Colin's sandwich was huge.  He was only able to eat half.  Matt and Peye's burgers looked delicious as well.   You got a lot of food on your plate too so we had a couple to go boxes.  The waitress came back with dessert menus which we all declined since we were so full with our dinners.   She brought the check.  Matt was so gracious and paid for dinner.  He and Pete weren't able to attend the golf tournament and they wanted to do something nice for us.  It was very sweet of them.  We sat and chatted a little more.  Around 8 we left the restaurant, said our goodbyes in the parking lot and each headed home.  

It was nice to go out and spend some time with Matt and Pete.  I really enjoy their company.  We are going to try and figure out a way to get together once a week.  It will help break up the monotony.  We got home.  I put on my pjs, made my sleepytime tea and went to bed.  

1 comment: