Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Tuesday August 23

Woke up bright and early to head to clinic for my appointment.  We got there around 6.  Around 3am I started to get this horrible spasm type pain above my illeostomy.  The more I move the worse it gets.  They took my vitals once I got thrre.  My blood pressure was on the high side, my heart rate was over 100 nut that's pretty standard and my temp was 97.9.  

We were taken to a room and one of the nurses came in and drew my blood.  Bill came down to check on me.  He checked my ostomy and my stomach.  He also gave me some pain medicine for the spasms.  He told us he would be back with Dr. Gonoza and make their rounds.  Colin ran and grabbed a muffin for me along with hot chocolate so I could take my next round of meds.  The nurse came in and told me that my mag was low so had to hook up a bag and it runs over two hours.  She had it up and running within 10 minutes.  She also changed my picc line dressing and cleaned it really well.

I just layed in my bed until the docs made their rounds.  
They said everything looks really good.  The mag was low and my prograf dosage needs to be adjusted.  They think the pain is related to the gastroparesis and my diet.   They are going to have me meet with a dietician.   They said they want us to come back on Friday to check my prograf levels before the weekend.  Finding a happy medium with the meds, food and exercise (or lack there of).  One of these days we will have it all figured out.  All my meds were done a little after 10 and we were discharged around 10:30.  

We left and headed home.  We got back to the apartment and Colin got me settled in to bed and then he dropped my jeep off at the garage.  There have been issues with the air bag light and the horn going off randomly ever since they fixed it back in April.   They said they would take a look and let us know what's going on.   We are hoping it's going to be covered from when it was in the accident.  Fingers crossed.  He came home.  I had a half a sloppy joe sandwich and a handful of chips.

I layed down and was actually able to take a short nap.  I slept for about 45 minutes.  When I woke up I just chilled out in bed and watched tv.  Colin had put his roast in the crock pot before we left this morning so dinner was ready by 4.   I hooked up my antibiotic at 4 and it runs about a half hour.  Colin made mashed potatoes and we sat down and ate dinner around 5.  After dinner Colin cleaned up the kitchen and made some banana muffins.   A quick and easy mini meal for me to eat so I'm not taking meds on an empty stomach.  While they were baking I cleaned out the freezer.  It was an easy task and I was able to organize it better, make things more accessible and take inventory of what we have.  

When the muffins were done, I put them on a glass plate and let them sit to cool down.  Once they were cool I wrapped them with press n seal.  I also gave Colin one to be my taste tester.  He said it was good so I grabbed one to take with my night time meds.  

Around 8, I took my blood pressure and it was a little high again.  147/101.  I took all my meds including my blood pressure pills.  Had Colin give me my lovonox shot, took my pills and went back to bed.

I was having the spasms all day.  It's kind of like having a Charlie horse in your stomach.  I go back on Friday so hopefully I will have the opportunity to discuss it with the docs.  We will see.   Have a good night.  I will touch base tomirroe.  Lots of love💗i

No comments:

Post a Comment