Thursday, August 4, 2016

Thursday August 4

Woke up st 5.  Got dressed, took my meds, packed my backpack for clinic.  Got together my gift basket for Dr. Cruz.  He and his wife are having a baby girl.  She's due on the 19th of August.  We wanted to do something nice for him after everything he has done for me.  There's no comparison in the fact that he is giving me my life back and I bought a couple things for his baby but I wanted to do something to show him that we appreciate him.  

On the way to clinic we decided to stop and get donuts.  They didn't open until 6 so Colin dropped me off at clinic first and he ran out and got two dozen donuts for the nurses.  They have also done so much for us and it's nice to show them you appreciate them every once in a while.  He got back to clinic around 6:15. I wasn't there by myself for long.   The nurses were all happy for the treat.  

Bill came in a little before 7:00 to check on me and look at my belly.  My stoma and output all looked good and my abdomen wasn't as distended as it had been.  Around 8:00, the doctor doing the scope came in.  He had a fellow with him and she was the one who did it.  It was pretty uncomfortable but nowhere near as painful as the one from last week.  The doctor said everything with the scope and the tissue in the intestine looked good.  We are just waiting on the biopsy results.   They should be back tomorrow at some point.  They said they will call me and let me know.  I had to do a replacement via iv for magnesium because it was low.  Other than that all my labs look good.  

Colin went outside to use the phone.  While he was gone I had to pee.  I stood up and put on my flip flops so i could walk to the bathroom.  All of a sudden I was soaked.  My ostomy bag was full and it broke.  It was all over my shirt, in my underwear, all through my pants, in my flip flops....all over the floor.  It was a huge mess.   It was so embarrassing.  The nurses came in to help me clean up.  They gave me disposable one size fits all paper scrub pants.  They were huge!!!!!!  I didn't have a choice so I put them on anyway.  I had a spare shirt in my backpack so I put that on.  Colin got back to the room while we were cleaning up and I asked him to go home and get me some new clothes.  He left and I went to the bathroom.  Luckily I only had about another hour until my iv was done.

I went back to my room and got back into bed.  I dozed off for a few minutes and then Colin got there with my clean clothes.  I changed and by the time I was done my iv meds were finished too.  They unhooked me and we were discharged.  The full morning took a lot out of me.  We got out of there around 11.  

We got home, I heated up the Chinese leftovers for lunch, put on my pjs and ate some lunch.  After lunch I went in to the bedroom to watch tv and relax.  I fell asleep and apparently slept for three hours.  I accomplished NONE of my goals for the day.  I woke up around 4.  I called and ordered more ostomy supplies because I was running low.  That process took about a half hour because they are so disorganized.  

When I got off the phone with them I heated up dinner.  I had leftover spaghetti oh's.   Colin wasn't hungry yet so he didn't eat anything.  I was in the mood for something sweet so I made myself a smoothie.  It was delicious!!!  It was banana, cantaloupe, strawberries, yogurt and a splash of apple juice.  It made two servings so I gave Colin half.  He liked it too.  I'm going to try and drink at least one smoothie a day.  It will help with my sugar cravings but actually be good for me.  I'm probably going to be on Pinterest all night looking for some more smoothie recipes. 

Colin started to get hungry so I heated up some pizza for him.  We watched tv for a little bit.  I took a shower and changed my ostomy bag scrubbing myself really well around the stoma after my explosion.  After the shower I was done for the evening.  I got my sleepy time tea and went to the bedroom to lay down.  I'm still not sleeping yet but I think my nap threw me off schedule.  Oh well....at least I got some sleep.  It's time to try to fall asleep.  I hope you have a good night!!!  Sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment