Saturday, August 27, 2016

Thursday August 25

Woke up, took my meds, ate breakfast and stayed in bed until about 11.  Made leftover stroganoff for lunch.  
Colin went to run some errands and pick up my prescriptions.  I layed back down for a little bit.

I got up around 4, showered and got dressed.  I had my first therapy appointment with one of the hospital psychologists.  We left the house around 4:45.  My appointment was for 5:30 and we wanted to give ourselves enough time to get there especially during rush hour traffic.  

We got there just in time.  Colin stayed in the car and waited and I went in to meet with Dr. Parsons.  We talked for about a half hour.   He was asking what my feelings were leading up to the transplant and how I felt when I got the call.  We also talked about my relationship with Colin and how much stronger it has gotten since we moved to Pittsburgh.   Then our time was up.   I have another appointment with him next week.  I'm going to see him weekly as long as I can.  He's also part of UPMC which is good because he can see the doctor's records and the doctors can see his.  

Colin picked me up at the door.  We left and had dinner.  We were home a little after 7.  When we got home I made my tea, took my meds and went to bed.  While I was in my therapy session my stomach started spasming.  It was a mix of my regular constant pain and sitting in a hard chair.  Clinic is tomorrow so I'll be up bright and early.

No comments:

Post a Comment