Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Monday July 18

Woke up with blood all over the sheets and my shirt.   Colin had given me my lovonox shot in my right arm before I went to bed.  Apparently it started bleeding in the middle of the night and I didn't know it.  It was still bleeding when I woke up.  He came in and checked everything.  We noticed some red in my ostomy bag as well.   

I took off the bag and showered and cleaned it really well.  I put on a new bag so we could monitor it a little better.   The shower took everything out of me.  I had no energy and couldn't get dressed.   Colin had to help me.   He ended up calling the transplant coordinator who told us to go straight to the ER.  So....we packed a bag and headed to the hospital.

We got to the ER and they took us back right away.  They did labs and paged Dr. Cruz who was in surgery. They gave me medicine for the nausea and pain and cleaned up my arm where I was bleeding.  They told me that the docs would be down to see me as soon as they were done in surgery.   About an hour later Dr Cruz and Dr Vias came down to the ER to see me.  They said there is definitely blood in the ostomy but it's from the lovonox and they are going to hold off on giving it to me for a day or two until they decide what to adjust the dosage to.   They also told me my hemoglobin is low and I needed a unit of blood.   They said I was going to have to stay overnight to be monitored since I was getting the blood so they put in for me to get a room.  

I was given the blood in the ER and finally got a room about 3 hours later which isn't too bad for this hospital.   They put me on the 12th floor instead of the 11th because that's the only place where beds were available.  Dr Cruz put a note in to have me moved to the 11th floor because they are doing construction on the 12th and he doesn't want to take the risk of me getting anything else.  I ended up staying on the 12th floor overnight.  I didn't sleep well.   The nurse barged in to my room several times and wasn't very quiet about it.  It was pretty frustrating.


No comments:

Post a Comment