Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Wednesday July 13

Today was a little better.  I actually got some sleep last night.  I slept for about 5 hours straight.  I was feeling pretty well rested this morning when I woke up.

I had Raisin Bran, fruit and yogurt for breakfast.  I also had a Starbucks hot chocolate.  After breakfast I took all my meds.   The doctors made their rounds.  They still didn't have the biopsy results back yet.  They said as long as they are good I can probably go home tomorrow.  They said they would let us know when the results are back.  

I got hooked up to some meds via iv.   I just watched tv while they were running.   They scheduled a med that I haven't had in a while that takes some time to do and they have to pre-medicate me and do my vitals every half hour while it's running.   They started it around 10.  I can't leave the floor while it's running so I was pretty much bed-ridden for 4 hours.   I heated up and ate my lunch around 12:30.  I just had leftover Stromboli from last night's dinner.  

I started to not feel well from the medicine they had me on.  I felt like I had a fever and had chills, sweats and aches.  They gave me Benadryl to see if it would help.  It helped a little but I still wasn't feeling well.  I just couldn't get comfortable.  I couldn't even nap.  

Bill came in around 2:30 with the biopsy results.  Everything looks good.  There is nothing to worry about.  He said I can go home tomorrow.  He went over the med changes and said he would be by in the morning to get all my discharge paperwork and everything together.   

After he came in, Colin went home.   He had some errands to run and wanted to vacuum and clean up the house again.  

While he was gone I read my magazines that came in the mail and I took a small walk to the cafeteria.   I ordered my dinner - I had noodles with butter and a small blueberry yogurt.  Nothing special.  I wanted to eat light for dinner since I had such a heavy lunch.  

After dinner I laid down and watched tv.   I still wasn't feeling any better but I needed to try and get my mind off it.  The nurse brought all my meds in around 8:30.  She also gave me another dose of Benadryl.  It helped a little.   Now I'm laying here exhausted but unable to fall asleep.  Hopefully I will fall asleep and get some rest.  I guess we will see.  I will let you know tomorrow.   Have a good night.

1 comment:

  1. Heather
    Praying for you! I had a small intestinal transplant in 2015. Would love to talk with you when you are up to it. Please email me when you get a chance j-pennington@live.com

    ReplyDelete